Top news regarding the cracking Alien Breed:Impact title again today, as an announcement that gamers can ‘Try before they buy.’ Team17 software have made the title available for pre-order at Steam,(http://support.steampowered.com), and gamers visiting the PC powerhouse website will notice that there is also the opportunity to download a ‘Free Trial Demo’ of the game too.
Prior to the games scheduled release date of June 3rd, 2010, those of you who have the good foresight to pre-order this game will receive a generous 10% discount on your purchase, as well as an in-game digital comic that tells the back story of the game’s hero, Conrad. The Cheif Engineer of the doomed vessel on which the game takes place.
The ‘Free Trial Demo’ is actually a stand-alone title that forms a prologue to the full game itself, and introduces you nicely to the games content, as you familiarise yourself with the games controls and settings. The free trial is available now, and if you head to the link in the provided here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/22610 you will be one of the first to enjoy this fine PSN and PC title.
In an a wise attempt to reach a greater gaming audience, the decision to use Steam was taken by the titles developers, and we think it is a move that will pay dividends for the game. But don’t take our word for it, read what what Team17 Software studio head Martyn Brown had to say on the matter:
” We’re big fans of the many aspects offered by the system, including all the social/community features, quality network features, leaderboards, acheivements and more. Being able to maintain the products and support our gamesdirectly will ultimately mean a far greater PC gaming experience. ”
The game itself promises alot to keep the customer happy too, with a list of contents that would make most diac-based games turn green with envy.Just take a look at some of the great features on offer in Alien Breed:Impact;
· Alien Breed is back! – An action-packed mix of arcade-shooter, survival-horror and tactical weapons upgrades and customisation.
· Epic single-player story mode – The single-player campaign mode that follows the narrative of the game through five huge and challenging environments.
· Two-player co-operative play mode – Work together to defeat the alien horde across three specifically customised maps.
· Additional Steam online features – Quick Match, Create Game, Friends Lists, Voice Chat, Leader-boards and Co-operative Achievements.
· FREE TRIAL – The “Prologue” sample section – a specifically designed introduction to the game; play in either single-player or two-player online co-operative mode.
· NEW – Upgrades shop – Search fallen comrades and lockers to accumulate cash, and then tactically spend it on weapons/kit upgrades in the shop.
· NEW – Enemies– Re-imagined and improved Alien Breed enemies.
Stay with GamesMediaPro for further developments and details on this and other great gaming titles.